Pursuant to General Order 2006-15, the Clerk's office has adopted the following procedures to request a refund of erroneous or duplicate on-line filing fee payments.
- File a request electronically on CM/ECF.
- Select "Other Documents" in the Civil menu.
- Select the event "Request to Clerk for Refund of Erroneous or Duplicate On-line Filing Fee Payment."
Note: if you are requesting a refund on a duplicate case, file the request on the case that was entered in error.
- When the following screen appears enter the requested information.
- Enter the reason for the refund request.
- Enter the receipt number of the transaction for which you are requesting a refund.
- Link the refund request to the document where the erroneous or duplicate on-line payment occurred.
Note: If no document exists skip this step.
- If approved, the Clerk's Office will issue an electronic refund through Pay.gov and send an e-mail notification of the refund to the requestor. If the request is not approved, the Clerk's Office will mail a letter of explanation to the requestor.