Change Font Size



How do I find out which officer is assigned to an offender/defendant?

Call the main phone number for the Akron, Cleveland, Toledo or Youngstown office and ask to speak with the duty officer.

What is a "duty officer?"

A duty officer is an officer who is on duty to answer any questions or address any issues you may be having if your assigned officer is not in the office or is unavailable at the time of contact.

Who do I speak if I know a client is committing crimes? Can I remain anonymous?

If you are aware a client is violating his/her conditions of supervision you will want to speak to his/her officer. If you do not know the officer assigned, you can request to speak to the duty officer who can relay the information for you.

You can remain anonymous by telling the officer that you would like to remain anonymous.

I ran out of monthly reports, can I get more faxed or mailed to me?

This issue needs to be addressed with your officer. The receptionist does not have the authority to fax or mail these reports without the consent of your officer. Another option is to go to the "forms" page of this website to print monthly reports.

I don't want my monthly report to be late. Can it be faxed to my officer?

This is an issue you will need to discuss with your officer. The original signature is required for your monthly report to be considered valid and on time.

Which month is my monthly report due?

Your monthly report will always be filled out for the previous month. For instance, monthly reports due on March 5th are submitted for the month of February and include any and all pay stubs. If you are not working, mark "N/A" in the appropriate box (for "not applicable"). Be sure to fill the report out in its entirety and include your signature. For further instructions and to see a sample monthly report, click on the "forms" page of this website.

What is the difference between county, state, and federal probation?

Almost every crime can be either a state or federal case, depending on which court files the indictment. If sentenced at the Justice Center, you will receive either probation or parole with the state or county, after you have completed your imprisonment. If you received probation, the county handles all felony and misdemeanors for the state. If you are in state custody and released on parole, the Ohio Adult Parole Authority will supervise your case. The U.S. Pretrial Services and Probation Office only supervise those individuals who were sentenced in the U.S. District Court. Those individuals will be on federal probation or supervised release.